Butterflies and Moths, Inc.
Philippine Lepidoptera or PhiLep was established in 2013 by a group of amateur naturalists, butterfly biologist, entomologist and other enthusiasts interested in documenting and conserving lepidoptera in the country. It was registered at the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 3, 2014.
Through a Facebook group page and two missions documenting lepidopterans at Project Noah where we have spotters and contributors nationwide, PhiLep aims to:
(1) Collect information on all aspects of Philippine lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) through research and information gathered from Philippine lepidoptera partner sites;
(2) Consolidate information on Philippine lepidopterans and make it available on a website;
(3) Provide support to lepidoptera spotters and enthusiasts by providing facts and species identification;
(4) Collaborate with various groups and organizations with similar interests so that the information may be used to conserve lepidoptera species and their habitats;
(5) Create awareness among general public about biodiversity conservation issues;
(6) Motivate people to minimize practices with negative impact on nature;
(7) Promote nature conservation through local and community initiatives;
(8) Use lepidoptera as an attractive educational tool.
We at PhiLep are driven by the belief that education and information should be free and accessible to all. We share our knowledge and information about Philippine lepidopterans through websites that are easily accesible to students, researchers and enthusiasts at no cost.